August 18, 2009
ESPACE NEUF – Pokemouche, NB
The day’s events include:
1:30 performance by Larry Miller and band in Resto-bar (with a Courir du Mardi Gras lead by Larry on the site, bring your costumes!)
2:00 Short conference and Q&A at Louisiana Booth
2:30 Free gumbo offered by Louisiana Tourism for Courir participants (Resto-Bar)
3:00 Possible book signing by Warren Perrin (if you are interested) at Louisiana booth
3:30-5:00 Cajun Music Jam in Resto-Bar
5:00 Short Conference and Q&A at Louisiana Booth
8:00 Louisiane night on mainstage with Les frères Michot, Feufollet and Cedric Watson & Bijou Créole.
Espace neuf will be open every day from August 16 to 22nd and Louisiana’s presence there includes:
· Chef Roy and Brandon Broussard selling Cajun food at the Resto-bar
· Louisiana booth (20×40 space in the alliances pavilion)
· Louisiana products booth (10×10 space in the Marché Acadien)
· 2 Short Conferences per day each followed by Q&A period with the speaker in the Louisiana booth (2:00 and 5:00 pm) on a Louisiana topic such as music, language, identity, fishing, environmental issues, etc.
(some in French, some in English, some in both languages, the schedule will be posted at our booth)
· Aug. 17-21 Cajun Music Jam at Resto-Bar from 3:30-5:00
On top of that we are presenting culinary demonstrations at the Tracadie-Sheila Superstore from August 17-20, 2009.
Also, Louisiane-Acadie produced 2,500 one inch round pins with Lâche Pas on them that we have invited the public to collect from their Cajun cousins. Don’t forget to ask for one!
Candidature Congrès mondial acadien 2014 Bid
CMA 2009 – Promotion Louisiane (www.cma2009.ca)
735 rue Jefferson St.
Lafayette, LA 70501
337-422-4453 / 337-291-5489 – T
337-291-5480 – F
Visitez le www.cma2014.com et appuyez la candidature de la Louisiane!
Visit www.cma2014.com and support Louisiana’s bid!